Looking for a new way to plug in, meet new people, and dive deeper into what you hear on Sundays? Sign up now to join one of several Connection Groups at Midway. Some will meet for just a few months, after which time participants may take a break or move to another group. Others are ongoing. This is a great way to meet others and share meaningful discussions, as you strengthen your faith and deepen your knowledge of God’s word.
There are several ongoing Connection Groups:
“THE CROSS” BIBLE STUDY
Men/Women Age range: any Contact: Dana Dalton
Meets: Weekly, Tuesdays 6:30-8:30 PM in Room 204. All are welcome!
“GOD’S EXTENDED FAMILY” BIBLE STUDY
Men/Women Age range: Any Contact: Jane Scudder
Meets: Weekly, Wednesdays 10 – noon, in the Gathering Area (belltower entrance)
“FIRST LIGHT” BIBLE STUDY FOR MEN
Men Age range: 18+ Contact: Hugh Scott
Meets: Every other week, Wednesdays 6:30 – 7:30 AM, in the Gathering Area (belltower entrance). Contact Hugh for next meeting date.
The coffee is hot as these men enjoy fellowship and bible study in a group ideal for commuters. Discussion revolves around diving deeper into the previous Sunday’s sermon. You’ll be walking out the door at 7:31!
MUMC Women Age range: 18+ Contact: Karen Vis
This new ministry at MUMC meets year ‘round. In addition to discipleship, participants will enjoy opportunities for fellowship and service inside the church and out in the community.
Upcoming Women’s Ministry events:
- “The Grove” worship experience at Passion City Church in Atlanta – dates vary month-to-month, but always on a Monday at 7:30 PM. We carpool and eat on the way.
- Movie nights
- Christmas brunch
- Service opportunities on/off-site
- Discipleship studies
Highlights of recent Women’s Ministry activities:
- Weekend retreat in January in Toccoa, GA
- One-day retreat on prayer: February 2019
- One-day retreat on overcoming fear & anxiety – February 2020
- Made blankets for girls and young women of Wellspring Living (org rescuing young women from sex trafficking)
- Movie nights: “Same Kind of Different as Me,” “Wonder,” “I Can Only Imagine” w/free snacks, popcorn, drinks
- Made prayer beads for first-time Sunday worship guests
- Hosted “Operation Backpack” – church-wide drive yielded 50 backpacks filled w/school supplies, plus extra supplies
- Mother/daughter tea
- “Bible Journaling” study
- “Writing Your Spiritual Autobiography” study
- Monthly collections (soup, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, etc) for mission partners
- Assist with packing “Treats for Troops – Southern Style” at Cumming VFW Post
MUMC Men Age range: 18+ Contact: Wes Wasson
Meets: 1st Monday of each month at 6:30 PM at Slopes BBQ – 5865 Gateway Dr in Alpharetta
Monthly fellowship with service opportunities
Highlights of recent Men’s Ministry activities:
- Fishing trip to Panama City
- Family Fish Fry
- Set-Up/Take Down for Children’s Consignment Sale
- Updated and rehab-ed an old house for use by a member’s parents after a cancer diagnosis