Looking for a new way to plug in, meet new people, and dive deeper into what you hear on Sundays? Sign up now to join one of several Connection Groups at Midway. Some will meet for just a few months, after which time participants may take a break or move to another group. Others are ongoing. This is a great way to meet others and share meaningful discussions, as you strengthen your faith and deepen your knowledge of God’s word.
There are several ongoing Connection Groups:
MUMC Women Age range: 18+ Contact: Karen Vis
This new ministry at MUMC meets year ‘round. In addition to discipleship, participants will enjoy opportunities for fellowship and service inside the church and out in the community.
Upcoming Women’s Ministry events:
- Monthly women’s breakfast at Midway Meal House, across the street from the church – 3rd Thursday of each month at 8:30 AM
- “The Grove” worship experience at Passion City Church in Atlanta – dates vary month-to-month, but always on a Monday at 7:30 PM. We carpool and eat on the way.
- One-day retreat on prayer: February 2019
- Movie nights
- Christmas brunch
Highlights of recent Women’s Ministry activities:
- Weekend retreat in January in Toccoa, GA
- Made blankets for girls and young women of Wellspring Living (org rescuing young women from sex trafficking)
- Movie nights: “Same Kind of Different as Me,” “Wonder,” “I Can Only Imagine” w/free snacks, popcorn, drinks
- Made prayer beads for first-time Sunday worship guests
- Hosted “Operation Backpack” – church-wide drive yielded 50 backpacks filled w/school supplies, plus extra supplies
- Mother/daughter tea
- “Bible Journaling” study
- “Writing Your Spiritual Autobiography” study
- Monthly collections (soup, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, etc) for mission partners
MUMC Men Age range: 18+ Meets: 1st Monday of each month at 6:30 PM at Slopes BBQ – 5865 Gateway Dr in Alpharetta Contact: Wes Wasson
Monthly fellowship with service opportunities
Highlights of recent Men’s Ministry activities:
- Fishing trip to Panama City in June 2018
- Family Fish Fry August 2018
“THE CROSS” BIBLE STUDY
Men/Women Age range: any Meets: Weekly, Tuesdays 7-9 PM in Room 204 Contact: Dana Dalton
All are welcome!
“GOD’S EXTENDED FAMILY” BIBLE STUDY
Men/Women Age range: Any Meets: Weekly, Wednesdays 10 – noon, in the Gathering Area Contact: Jane Scudder
“FIRST LIGHT” BIBLE STUDY FOR MEN
Men Age range: 18+ Meets: Every other week, Wednesdays 6:30 – 7:30 AM, in the Gathering Area Contact: Hugh Scott
The coffee is hot as these men enjoy fellowship and bible study in a group ideal for commuters. Discussion revolves around diving deeper into the previous Sunday’s sermon. You’ll be walking out the door at 7:31!