Looking for a new way to plug in, meet new people, and dive deeper into what you hear on Sundays? Sign up now to join one of several Connection Groups, which will begin meeting in fall 2017. Groups will meet on various days, at locations of their choosing, either every week or every other week. They are designed to meet for just 90 days, after which time participants may take a break or move to another group. This is a great way to meet others and share meaningful discussions, as you strengthen your faith and deepen your knowledge of God’s word.
There are several ongoing Connection Groups:
MUMC Women Age range: any Meets: monthly, with some occasional additional events
This new ministry at MUMC will meet year ‘round, on a monthly basis. In addition to discipleship, participants will enjoy opportunities for fellowship and service inside the church and out in the community.
We’re excited to begin planning for a Women’s Retreat in late January: “Sweet Life Cafe.” A date and more details to come in August!
More upcoming highlights:
- Outing to “Jesus Christ: Superstar” at Alpharetta Presbyterian Church on Aug. 6
- Monthly women’s breakfast at Midway Meal House, across the street from the church
- Continued bible study on “Women of the New Testament” on alternating Mondays at the church, and Sundays at Brickmont Assisted Living of Milton
- Opportunities to assist our homebound members with transportation, errands, yardwork, and more
- A Christmas cookie exchange
“THE CROSS” BIBLE STUDY
Men/Women Age range: any Meets: Weekly, Tuesdays 7-9 PM
Meets in Room 204. All are welcome!
Contact: Dana Dalton or 678-596-4388
“GOD’S EXTENDED FAMILY” BIBLE STUDY
Men/Women Age range: Any Meets: Weekly, Wednesdays 10 – noon
On Jan. 18, 2017, this group began a study of “The Story,” the widely-acclaimed abridged chronological Bible that reads like a novel. The unusual style enables readers to understand God’s word more fully, and engage with it more easily.
Contact: Jane Scudder or 770-313-1894