What is the Walk to Emmaus?
It’s an experience of Christian spiritual renewal and formation that begins with a three-day short course on topics relevant to the Christian faith. It’s an opportunity to meet Jesus Christ in a new way as God’s grace and love is revealed through other believers. This is not just a retreat…a Walk to Emmaus weekend is truly transformational, and unlike any other experience.
Watch this short video, explaining the “why” behind the Emmaus experience.
Who should go to Emmaus?
Emmaus is open to members of any Christian denomination. Emmaus is for the development of Christian leaders who:
- are members of a local church
- have a desire to strengthen their spiritual lives
- may have unanswered questions about their faith
- understand that being a Christian involves responsibility
- are willing to dedicate their everyday lives to God in an ongoing manner, by serving others and the church
“My walk to Emmaus was like seeing a picture of God’s love first in black and white…then seeing it in color.” – KB
Midway UMC is honored to have a large and very active Emmaus community.
Watch this short video created by another Methodist church, explaining the “why” behind the Emmaus experience. Take a leap of faith…
Contact Jane Scudder for more information.